“Port of Roses” belongs to the coastal municipality of Piran, located in the Gulf of Trieste, at the northernmost point of the Adriatic sea. The coast of Slovenia is only 46km long, and both Italy and Croatia are visible from Portorož. Tourist attractions include a marina, several casinos, extensive wellness centres, and many sporting activities. The property for sale reflects Portorož itself. It comprises a 103-key, 5-star hotel, with indoor pool and wellness centre, conference facilities, large beach club and underground parking.
- Grand Hotel Metropol extends to 14,685 m2 built area, on a site of 18,900 m2, plus 11,000 m2 beach club.
- The property adjoins the Portorož casino, which is a source of guests in all seasons.
- The hotel has been run as part of a resort together with three inferior 3-star hotels. There is potential for higher quality positioning in order to achieve better occupancy and ADR.
- The Grand Hotel Metropol is the most attractive in its competitive set with prestigious interiors, large rooms and an exceptional outdoor dining terrace overlooking the sea.
- The hotel was refurbished to a high standard in 2010, including the façade of the building.
- The 111 room 3-star Hotel Roža is immediately adjacent and for sale. There is an opportunity to upgrade Roža to 4-star and operate both hotels together to achieve economy of scale.
- Guide price is 11.5m€.
Offers are invited for this property no later than 20th June 2014. A comprehensive information memorandum has been prepared and is available subject to signing a confidentiality agreement.
Please contact us for further details.